Friday, February 19, 2010

In which I describe the Health Project

I'm reading The Happiness Project, which was written by a woman who decided to take a year to improve her happiness. She wasn't depressed. Her life was good. But she wanted to be happier, so she thought about what would help her, and she read books and blogs and suggestions, and made a plan for herself. Then she wrote a book about it. She also keeps a blog.


I am not ready for a complete happiness project -- I haven't finished the book yet! -- but I'm ready for a Health Project. To that end, I thought last night about things relating to my health that would make me happier, healthier, and more pleasant to those I love. Here's what I've got



1. Take lactase enzyme before I drink milk. Seriously, I own it. It works. Why not take it before I drink milk? 






2. Go to bed at 9. Yes, this means PM. 






3. No sugar-based foods for 21 days. Supposedly it takes 21 days to break a habit. We'll see. I'm not cutting out carbs, or flour, but I need to stop eating things where 'sugar' or some variant of it is in the top three ingredients.






4. Walk for 20 minutes, five times per week. I actually dusted off the treadmill. Goodbye, towel hanger!



5. Jump on the trampoline once per week. Because I have as much fun as the kids when I do it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment